Thursday, May 5, 2011

Return of an old (young) friend

She would kill me if I called her old, but I know that is how she felt when she saw my son who is now 11 years old. A boy that now is taller than her yet she used to diaper him during his baby years. Its great seeing her. We disagree on so many things. But its a love/hate relationship where I most certainly hate how much I love this person and would hate myself if I didn't love her. She was my right arm at some point in the past.  It is sad how we drifted apart when both our lives actually turned for the worse when we could have used each other most.

Yet it seems like the right time to refresh this friendship. Back like Evander Holyfield for another round of fun as we tackle our families,our different interests, and society as a whole. I'm glad to have you back my dear friend. You have been missed. I hope we can influence each other in the positive ways we did in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment