Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Photo Opportunity

I had an excellent teacher in high school that inspired me artistically.  And as I drive through my state or I'm out with the kids on a picnic, I see photo opportunities that he would've pointed out to me saying, "Don't miss that shot!". In fact, there is a farm not far from my house that I pass at least once a week with a tree in the field.  I hope one day to have the courage to knock on that farmer's door and ask if I could photograph it.  Yes, digital cams have their place, but if I want a good picture, nothing beats a nikon telephoto lens.  With one of these, I know I will get the great pic I envision in my mind.  I would have to go back each season, as the tree drastically changes due to its leaf cover.  I marvel at it every time I pass it.

And as I said, digital cams do have their place.  Being a single parent, occasionally you need to be able to record what happens at your home when you aren't around. A motion activated camera would definitely help in those situations.  Even when you are around,  these cameras are great for other events like surprise parties.  Lights come on and BOOM, the camera is rolling.  I can imagine my youngest son's smile as I capture it as he walks in the door.  The start of a great memory for him.

Of course then you get to pass around the video for everyone to watch and listen.  You can get so many laughs when you see the shocked looks on screen and with having clarion wireless headphones, it becomes easy to pass them around so everyone can listen.  His scream would have me laughing hysterically.

It is amazing to think how much easier life has become due to the new items at our disposal.  They enhance our memories so that we can relive them and more importantly, share them with our loves ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment