Monday, May 23, 2011

Asthma

I have to say I am pretty happy with my son and his choice to take care of himself.  My son suffers from asthma.  It is not an easy thing to deal with at times.  I am lucky that his acute spells are far apart.  Twice he has had to go to the hospital for it when he was younger.  Luckily for doctor's merchant accounts, I was easily able to pay off these visits.

My son's asthma kicks in most when he gets a cold or any other respiratory problem.  He knows to start his breathing treatments right away.  What really shocked me though was that when my son was given the option to have his flu shot as oppossed to being forced, he decided on his own to have it.  What kid wants a shot?

For this I am proud of my son that he chooses to take control of his health at an early age in life.  Many of us adults should follow this example.

No comments:

Post a Comment